Friday, April 13, 2007

Sundays under Sun


Afer two months in Belgium, it seems that the rain has given us a truce.
During the Easter Holidays the sun was shining almost everyday, and you cab believe me when I say that THIS thing rarely occurs so often. That’s why I was just remembering, how wonderful that first whole shiny weekend here in Gent was.

It was Sunday the 11th March and Estelle and me went to the street markets. I was so exited about this idea that I woke up two or three times before than my clock alarms rang. I was going to be able to do something I always do in Spain. Just, to walk among the different stands and enjoy the colours, the smelt, the flavour of a place like that.
I was surprised to discover those nice places, in front of St, Michels Church there was the fresh food market, with the coffee place, the roasted chicken, the backer and so on. At Vrijdajs market you could find all diverse kind of animals. In Kouter the flowers one and In St Jacobs the second hand one. We took lot of picture, and we could buy nice candles and figures with a really convenient price.
In fact in this moment one of those is lighted on my desk. So maybe the best way to describe how is the sun in Gent is to show it directly.

No comments: