Saturday, April 14, 2007

TAPAS

In Spain, appart from the bulls, flamenco singers and dancer, the sun, the paella and Almodóvar (Jejeje) we also have something very, very, very tipycal called TAPAS.

The official dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy of Languages says that a TAPA is a small portion of food served with a drink. However this is not completely true you can have a complete dinner eating only these small and delicious bits.
In the north of Spain they have even contests where the most famous cookers take part.

But just before the Easter holidays we celebrated a Spanish tapas night at my place, just to bring to my friends a piece of my culture. As Estelle says…. Yami!

We prepared:

1.- Prawn cocktail
2.- Garlic prawns
3.- Garlic mushrooms
4.- Tomato bread with Spanish ham
5.- Brave potatoes
6. Wine Chorizos (spicy dry pork sausage)


Of course, we took all this different food with bread and Wine.
I really invite you to taste it. The basic one as the brave potatoes is very simple to make and the result generally is fantastic.
For this reason, in the link below you can find some recipes of tapas that for sure are going to cause a sensation among your friends.

http://www.arrakis.es/~jols/tapas/index2.html

1 comment:

popiruleta said...

ñam ñam tapas!!! mmmmmmm I miss tapas a lot... I want I want!!! :P

muAk*!